Depictions of children in pre-modern Indian art

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 26 09:51:18 UTC 2010

Thank you, Michael,

The images in the MS you refer to are really interesting, and grist to my
mill.  The series of images is exactly what I've been dealing with in the
Wellcome MSS, but in your NGMPP example, the drawings are simpler, not in
colour, and perhaps later (19th cent?).  And yes, hooray, the images are
clearly of children, at least in several cases.

The Mann thesis is most interesting, and I was unaware of it.

Thanks indeed!

Dominik