Depictions of children in pre-modern Indian art

Asko Parpola asko.parpola at HELSINKI.FI
Sun Jan 24 18:09:29 UTC 2010

Dear Dominik,

On the historical background of demons attacking children and their
connection with the planets (Sanskrit graha), and cults purporting
getting children, see my book "Deciphering the Indus script"
(Cambridge 1994, reprinted in paperback in 2009), especially pp.
225-239, and my paper "'Hind-leg' + 'Fish': Towards further
understanding of the Indus script" in Scripta Vol. 1 (2009), pp. 37-76
(downloadable from www.harappa.com)

With best regards, Asko Parpola