Southern pronunciations ? (Re: INDOLOGY FAQ

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan palaniappa at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 16 02:34:54 UTC 2010

The earliest version of the name we come across in Tamil is vāraṇavāci in Kalittokai 24.13 of the Classical Tamil literature. There are places called vāraṇavāci in today's Tamil Nadu too.

Regards,
Palaniappan