Nirukta of anugraha?

Christopher Wallis bhairava11 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 27 21:15:07 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for your replies. To clarify, I was wondering how the original
literal verbal sense of anu+grah "to follow in taking" came to mean "to
treat with kindness," since the semantic shift does not seem logical. To
this end, I was asking if anyone had seen a nirukta of anugraha, but alas it
seems that no-one has.  But thank you to Mr. Dipak Bhattacharya for a sound
postulation (below).

best,
Chris Wallis

On 26 December 2010 21:44, Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com