Fw: Re: [INDOLOGY] Anusv āra versus bindu?

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 17 16:54:48 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 17/8/10, Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Anusvāra versus bindu?
To: "MadhavDeshpande" <mmdesh at UMICH.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, 17 August, 2010, 4:53 PM

Prayers vary from region to region. Still, the setting makes it appear that the first three sentences pertain to the mātr̥kā but after that, from anusvāra, the prayer pertains to the process ie the significance of anusvāra etc. If this is correct bindu is the thing and not the written representaion. In Ṥāktāgama bindu is the neuter unconscious element of the triratna.
Best
DB