Journals

Mark Allon mark.allon at USYD.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 2 21:35:28 UTC 2009

Dear List members,

Further to a discussion I posted on the list way back in 2007, the Australian Research Council (ARC, our main funding body parallel to American NEH) is instigating a system of rankings for peer-reviewed journals. Leaving aside the problems associated with such a system, could someone please tell me whether the following journals (if still in print) are peer-reviewed and provide a link (if possible) to their editorial standards. The ARC is having difficulty obtaining this info via a web search:

Buddhist Studies (Bukkyo Kenkyu)
Bulletin of the Deccan College Research Institute
Contributions to Asian Studies (Leiden)
Harvard South Asia Journal (Harvard)
The Indian Historical Review
Journal of Indian History
Journal of Sino-Indian Buddhist Studies
Journal of the International College for Advanced Buddhist Studies (Tokyo)
Journal of the Oriental Institute (Baroda)
Nachrichten der Akademie der Wissenschaften in Gottingen, I. Philologisch-Historische Klasse
Nagoya Studies in Indian Culture and Buddhism
South Asia
South Asian Studies
Sri Lanka Journal of Buddhist Studies

Regards
Mark

Dr Mark Allon
Chair, Department of Indian Subcontinental Studies
University of Sydney