yugas and colours

Tenzin Bob Thurman tbt7 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Oct 31 21:09:40 UTC 2009

Just noticed this discussion, and it brought to mind the not unrelated
fact that the faces of the Buddha Kaalachakra and the dirctional colors
in his mandala palace are precisely those, front-east black, right-south
red, back-west yellow, left-north white. ince his body is supposed to
represent all the "parts" of time, fitting that his faces represent the
yugas.

That mandala is the only one in the Tibetan collection that I know of
that uses those colors for the faces and directions.

Bob Thurman