'Plants of the Meghaduta' multimedia website

rajam rajam at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Oct 29 22:54:53 UTC 2009

Dear Dr. Taylor,

I'm sure I'm repeating here what others may have already spoken about
Tomomi's multimedia work on the flowers and trees of the Meghaduta.
However, one more positive feedback from someone enthusiastically
supporting Tomomi's effort won't hurt, I thought.

Tomomi's multimedia work on the flowers and trees of the Meghaduta is
unique, as far as I know, and is extremely impressive, delightful,
and informative!
Such work would provide, if it hasn't already, an insight into
understanding the native plants and how those plants formed an
integral part of one's life in ancient times.

A similar study of the various plants/flowers mentioned in ancient
Tamil poetry, for example in the long list of flowers mentioned in
the poem called the *kuRincippATTu,* would be really educational, I
think.

And, especially with the new awareness of *health* everywhere in the
present century, such studies may remind people to understand the
health benefits of plants and flowers.

The only different comment I have is about Tomomi's presentation
style--the graphical user interface (GUI), the look/design of the Web
site, etc.-- which I'd be happy to discuss separately since such
topic may not be of interest to the main stream audience of this list.

Please feel free to contact me at <rajam at earthlink.net> if you'd like
to hear my views on the UI of Tomomi's Web site. I have some
experience in the IT world and in providing feedback on software UI.

Thanks and regards,
V.S. Rajam