textual sequence

petra kieffer-Pülz kiepue at T-ONLINE.DE
Wed May 20 15:40:41 UTC 2009

Dear All,

According to my experience the textual sequence in commentaries
regularly is: text to be commented on (for instance a verse or list
of terms), commentary on the words or terms of the preceding verse or
list (pratīkas plus explanations). I now have a Pāli commentary
where it is exactly the other way round (pratīkas plus explanations,
followed by the text from which the pratīkas are extracted).

I would like to know whether this is  a common feature in
commentarial literature only unnoticed by me.

Would be thankful for any comments,
Petra

Dr. Petra Kieffer-Pülz
Wilhelm-Külz-Str. 2