SARIT News

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Sat May 2 09:58:48 UTC 2009

Fine! Could the Shriimuulaa commentary, T.G.Shastri, K.A. be uploaded? It is for sometime out of print with not much assurance from MLBD of a quick reprint.
DB

--- On Fri, 1/5/09, Dominik Wujastyk <d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:

From: Dominik Wujastyk <d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK>
Subject: SARIT News
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 8:03 PM

Dear colleagues,

Richard Mahoney and I have been pushing the SARIT project
    http://sarit.indology.info
forward with energy.

1.
The British Association of South Asian Studies has awarded a grant to promote the SARIT project.  The amount we were awarded is lower than we requested, but is still enough to enable progress.

I would like to thank all those who provided letters of support for our application.  I am certain that these votes of confidence made a major difference.

2.
We have recently been in active discussions about possible collaboration
with institutions in India.  We have also been talking with members of the TEI consortium about setting up training courses in India for inputters. If this initiative succeeds, and there are still many hurdles, it might be possible for SARIT to grow rapidly.  Of course, the bigger the database of searchable Indic texts, the more useful it will be to all of us.

3.
Richard has now developed a software pipeline so that all texts added to
the SARIT library will not only be searchable, indexable, etc., but will
also be downloadable in toto, as HTML (as with GRETIL) or as PDF.  See the
new "Downloads" menu entry in the Navigation menu on the right side of the
main screen.

Best,
Dominik

-- Dr Dominik Wujastyk
International Institute of Asian Studies
http://iias.nl

long term email address: wujastyk at gmail.com

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox