Language barriers --- financial barriers

victor van Bijlert victorvanbijlert at KPNPLANET.NL
Mon Mar 9 12:16:18 UTC 2009

It seems this forum is being used to wage private battles. Perhaps the
moderator should discourage this type of discussions. They do not belong in
a forum that is allegedly devoted to discussing purely academic questions in
the field of Indology.
Victor van Bijlert

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] Namens Walter Slaje
Verzonden: maandag 9 maart 2009 9:19
Aan: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Onderwerp: Re: Language barriers --- financial barriers

Would-be investigators are invited to accept my initial suggestion
(repeated, I am afraid, again in vain) by starting to make their inquiries
with the contact person of the HvG-Foundation:

> > Should the information given there be considered insufficient,
> > further details can be got from the administration office:

> > Helmuth von Glasenapp-Stiftung
> > c/o Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur
> > Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 2
> > 55131 Mainz
> > Ansprechpartner:
> > Dr. Carlo Servatius, Tel. 06131 16-2808, Fax 06131 16-4151

> > WS

The list must not serve as a platform for insinuations, and detective games
are better lived out in a private sphere. I am really sorry to say that -
being under constant deadline pressure - I am forced to establish priorities
and can no longer participate in pointless discussions. I have no time to
mount Prof. Franco's hobbyhorse, but take it he feels happy enough being on
it alone.

Prof. Dr. Walter Slaje
Hermann-Loens-Str. 1
D-99425 Weimar (Germany)
Tel/Fax: +49-(0)3643 501391
Seminar für Indologie
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Emil-Abderhalden-Str. 9
D-06108 Halle (Germany)
Tel: +49-(0)345-55-23650
Fax: +49-(0)345-55-27139
walter.slaje at indologie.uni-halle.de
www.indologie.uni-halle.de
Ego ex animi mei sententia spondeo ac polliceor
me studia humanitatis impigro labore culturum et provecturum
non sordidi lucri causa nec ad vanam captandam gloriam,
sed quo magis veritas propagetur et lux eius, qua salus
humani generis continetur, clarius effulgeat.
Vindobonae, die XXI. mensis Novembris MCMLXXXIII.