Language barriers --- financial barriers

franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Sun Mar 8 23:58:34 UTC 2009

I am now able to be a bit more precise about the source of the hearsay
about Glasenapp’s wishes not being respected by the Glasenapp
Foundation. It comes from a student of Paul Thieme, who heard it
directly from Thieme himself. This does not make the hearsay true, but
I also see no reason for them to make up such a story. As Dharmakirti
said of the Buddha: vaiphalyaad vakti naan.r.nam.

If Prof. Slaje has seen von Glasenapp’s will, perhaps he should tell
us so, and if he hasn’t, he should not pretend to know what’s in it.
The official homepage of the Glasenapp Foundation, to which he refers
and in which the will is not quoted, is immaterial to the matter.
Best wishes,
Eli Franco