CALL FOR SUPPORT> SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts – Future Development (Wujastyk/Mahoney)

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at INDICA-ET-BUDDHICA.ORG
Sun Mar 8 01:12:35 UTC 2009

[Apologies for cross posting]

Dear Colleagues,

We are submitting a proposal to The British Association for South Asian
Studies (BASAS) to request funding to increase the number of texts
available through the `SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts' web
application:

 http://sarit.indology.info/top.shtml

To strengthen our proposal we are requesting letters of support from
our users. We intend to increase the number of Indic texts included in
the SARIT database, initially focusing on many of the texts generously
contributed by the Kyoto scholars:

 http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~yanom/sanskrit/

Your letters of support are important for our proposal. They will give
members of The BASAS Council a sense of the scale and scope of the user
community of the INDOLOGY web site, and especially of SARIT. The BASAS
Council members will make their funding decision on the basis of the
following criteria: why you believe the INDOLOGY site and the SARIT
Project are needed; and why you believe they are significant.

We enclose below a sample letter of support. Please add a few sentences
to this letter to indicate specifically how you or your students use or
plan to use SARIT. After completing the letter could you please print
it on your institution's letterhead and sign it. You can then:

1.) mail, or

2.) scan and email, or

3.) fax the letter as indicated below.

** Please note that the deadline for our proposal to The BASAS Council
is Monday the 16th March, so please send your letters of support to us
by Friday the 13th of March. **

1.) Send your completed signed letter by ordinary mail to:

Dr. Dominik WUJASTYK,
International Institute of Asian Studies,
Nonnensteeg 1-3,
2311 VJ Leiden,
The Netherlands

2.) Scan your signed letter and email it to:

 Dominik WUJASTYK <wujastyk at gmail.com>

3.) Fax your signed letter attention Dominik WUJASTYK to:

 +31-71-5274162

With kind regards,

Dominik WUJASTYK
Richard MAHONEY

*************
Begin Letter
*************

[DATE]

Dr. Dominik WUJASTYK,
International Institute of Asian Studies,
Nonnensteeg 1-3,
2311 VJ Leiden,
The Netherlands

Dear Dr. Wujastyk,

I am writing this letter to express my support for your SARIT proposal:
``SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts – Future Development''. I
have used/plan to use the material available through the INDOLOGY web
site and the SARIT web application to advance my work on [RESEARCH
TOPIC]. I look forward to using the expanded version of SARIT.

[Optional: EXAMPLE USES OF THE INDOLOGY WEB SITE AND SARIT IN TEACHING
AND RESEARCH]

The aims of your proposal will greatly enhance such efforts by enabling
me to use SARIT for textual and philological research. I wish you
success in these endeavours.

Sincerely,

[NAME

TITLE

ADDRESS]

End Letter

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699
OXFORD, NZ      | email: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org