here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Fri Jun 5 10:53:22 UTC 2009

A correction on my part. The 2.vol.set BHSD (Gr., Dict.) was priced at the equivalent of $20/- in 1999. My conjecture of the $ 50/- as the current price may be have elements of over-invoicing. No mischief meant.
DB

--- On Fri, 5/6/09, Paul Kiparsky <kiparsky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU> wrote:

From: Paul Kiparsky <kiparsky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: Re: here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Friday, 5 June, 2009, 8:43 AM

What about the Deccan College Dictionary?    Imagine having all the slips online, transcribed and digitized in searchable form with all the pandits' annotations included.  Last time I was in Pune the slips were still rotting in the scriptorium.  The publication is taking for ever, and the printed volumes don't include everything.  It would be a fantastic resource, and it would rescue the work of some brilliant scholars over many decades.  I heard there was some plan to scan the slips, not nearly as useful, but I suppose more realistic.  Does anyone know what the current state of the project is?

Paul