here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Fri Jun 5 17:21:24 UTC 2009

Panditji S.D. Joshi was trying to get signatures for precisely this project at the 2001 Delhi World Sanskrit Conference.  I didn't get the impression he was doing very well with the crowd there.

Allen

>>> Paul Kiparsky <kiparsky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU> 6/4/2009 11:13:26 PM >>>

What about the Deccan College Dictionary?    Imagine having all the
slips online, transcribed and digitized in searchable form with all
the pandits' annotations included.  Last time I was in Pune the slips
were still rotting in the scriptorium.  The publication is taking for
ever, and the printed volumes don't include everything.  It would be
a fantastic resource, and it would rescue the work of some brilliant
scholars over many decades.  I heard there was some plan to scan the
slips, not nearly as useful, but I suppose more realistic.  Does
anyone know what the current state of the project is?

Paul