AW: here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Gruenendahl, Reinhold gruenen at SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Fri Jun 5 07:15:15 UTC 2009

________________________________

Von: Indology im Auftrag von Jonathan Silk
Gesendet: Fr 05.06.2009 07:56
An: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Betreff: Re: here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as
an e-text_

If I remember well, this is not quite true. Like most careful philologists,
FE  referred directly to PW and pw, not to MW. Or do I remember wrongly?

Jonathan

Correct! No more than 5 references to Monier Williams in the entire
dictionary (see pp. 182, 218, 249, 420, 508), against roughly 400 to "pw"
(none to "PW").

RG