here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.PLUS.COM
Thu Jun 4 23:53:20 UTC 2009

Stefan Baums wrote:

> It is very exciting that we may yet be able
> to go ahead with the digitization and share our results!

Yes, it would be a great boon to all interested parties if a viable e-text
were available. But, please not an on-line look-up dictionary.  This is the
least satisfactory way of making a dictionary available, although I
understand the reasons why some providers may opt for that approach.  But
imagine what it would be like if you went to a book-shop or a library and
you were met with a blank wall with a little service window in it where you
can only get shown a book if you know its title or author.  Tough luck if
you want to browse or only have a general idea of what you want.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge