'adhimukti'

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at INDICA-ET-BUDDHICA.ORG
Tue Jul 28 20:41:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:33:43PM +0200, Vincent Eltschinger wrote:
> Dear Taylor,
> A very highlighting conceptual discussion of adhimukti/adhimok.sa can be
> found in Lambert Schmithausen: Der Nirvaa.na-Abschnitt in der
> Vini'scayasa.mgraha.nii der Yogaacaarabhuumi.h, Vienna 1969, pp. 179-180
> (= endnote 263). As for the term adhimukticaryaa, your colleague is
> certainly aware of the fact that it designates a pre-stage (but actually
> already a bhuumi) in the system of the bodhisattvabhuumi-s. Although the
> book is not availabe to me at the present moment, I guess some semantic
> informations might be found in Har Dayal's classic work on the Bodhisattva
> doctrine in Buddhism.
> With best regards,
> Vincent E.

Your colleague may also find it helpful to have a look at the various
permutations of adhi-muc found in the YBh &c. here:

 IeB :: Lexica Search (Legacy)
 http://lexica.indica-et-buddhica.org/dict/lexica-legacy

Initially I would search for:

Term: adhimuc*

Search strategy: POSIX 1003.2 (modern) regular expressions

Database: Any

(All of these databases are available for download.)

The various definitions and references available through the following
may also help (also available as a download for off line use):

 THL Tibetan to English Translation Tool
 http://www.thlib.org/reference/translation-tool/

Kind regards,

 Richard

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699
OXFORD, NZ      | email: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org