Bhagavad Gita Translation?

Mary Storm mnstorm at MAC.COM
Tue Jul 21 10:07:37 UTC 2009

Dear Indologists,

I am looking for an English translation of the Bhagavad Gita with
commentary. Years ago I had one with Sanskrit, then transliteration,
then English and commentary by Swami Chidbhavananda; it is no doubt
out of print.

This is for an introductory class for study abroad undergraduates.
They are studying Hindi, so can read Devanagari, but it is rare to
have a student who has had Sanskrit. I hope to find something with
useful commentary, and a feeling for the poetics....

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Many Thanks,
Mary

Mary N. Storm, Ph.D.