invertebrates

Alexandra Vandergeer geeraae at GEOL.UOA.GR
Mon Jan 26 17:23:59 UTC 2009

Like the humanoid demon emerging from the beheaded buffalo's neck ?
Interesting idea, that demons can only be destroyed when they assume their
anthropomorph form. Never thought of it. Though in the older sculptures
(Mathura e.g.) the buffalo is still theriomorph while being stabbed,
killed and held upside down by its tail. Can it be that the anthropomorph
demon is of a later stage, say after the 6th century?