invertebrates

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Fri Jan 23 19:31:46 UTC 2009

I meant the animal itself, as distinct from its shell, which of
course is found all over the place. The conch-demon is S'ankhaasura,
who was defeated by Vishnu in his Fish Avatara. He is certainly
depicted in painted sets of Avataras from the 18th-19th century, but
I haven't got an example to hand.

Valerie J Roebuck