Gita

Richard Salomon rsalomon at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Jan 16 19:07:27 UTC 2009

"Hitting the branch of the tree on which one sits" (below) sounds like it
could be a Brueghelian proverb - can you find it in the big painting?

Or, on second thought, maybe it's  a Nepali proverb.

Or both.

RIch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dipak Bhattacharya" <dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN>
To: <INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: Gita

<Dutch provincial and very religious universities (fortunately very few of
them)>
Should one really feel fortunate that institutions with religious
orientation are few? Many make a living out of research on their activities
and on thoughts upon which they have been built up. No matter they are of
another denomination, it is the genre that supplies bread and butter to
philologists, to some at least. Hitting the branch of the tree on which one
sits?
Also the tongue-in-cheek delibearation may be accompanied with sermon on
some ideal that can be safe from it. That will render "Indology" into a
proper theological forum.
DB