SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Tue Feb 10 03:58:44 UTC 2009

10 02 09
With DOS SCRIPT was in use here. That offered many problems. Since the introduction of WINDOWS I have used i-LEAP. Barring the svarita accents in Devnagari and the subscript ring in Roman there is no problem with this. Both can be improvised with flawless end products.The multi-language i-LEAP seems to have been withdrawn but more expensive packages for individual languages are available with CDAC.
The new packages announced in these columns, however, are more convenient than i-LEAP
DB

--- On Tue, 10/2/09, Maheswaran Nair <swantam at ASIANETINDIA.COM> wrote:

From: Maheswaran Nair <swantam at ASIANETINDIA.COM>
Subject: Re: SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 8:08 AM

Hello,
ISM fonts of C-DAC are available for Sanskrit(DV) and Diacritic Roman(DV1).
Only thing is that you have to learn the keyboard outlay.
K.Maheswaran Nair
Trivandrum

Quoting Alfred Collins <acollins at GCI.NET>:

>  Dear Dr. Wujastyk,
>
> Could you explain the SARIT method of entering transliterated  Sanskrit in
the following way:
> "enter utf-8 characters directly using a suitable keyboard input
layout"?
> Is there a site you could direct me to that would show how to enter
Sanskrit letters by assigning keyboard strokes to them, not just for  SARIT but
to type diacritics in Word, etc. I have been typing  retroflex t, etc., using a
Sanskrit font then selecting characters  from a Symbol menu. this is very
cumbersome and slow.