SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts

Stefan Baums baums at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Feb 9 21:12:52 UTC 2009

> John also makes available a very convenient keyboard handler for
> Windows

There is also Andrew Glass’s Keyman input method for Windows. It
uses the left Alt key to compose diacritics, but otherwise should
work similarly to John Smith’s. In either case, keyboard handling
is independent of the font you use, so you can separately choose
the font and input method that you like best.

> If you're using Linux, there's a nice system that works with
> SCIM ... called m17n

If you are using Linux, another route would be SCIM + KMFL, which
may be a bit easier to install than SCIM + M17N. There is a KMFL
version of Andrew’s Keyman layout, and I made a KMFL version of my
own input method (= a for ā, ' s for ś, etc.). Drop me a line if
you are interested in either of these (and we should probably also
make them available on our project website).

Best wishes,
Stefan

--
Stefan Baums