Moderated posts?

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Oct 22 17:33:01 UTC 2008

Accidental private messages are relatively rare.  Mostly they don't seem
to cause any problem.  On one or two occasions in the last two or three
years it seemed proper (with consultation) to erase the message from the
public archive.

The overhead of list moderation is VERY severe, and I am certain that none
of the committee members would be willing or able to take on the burden of
vetting every message.

For the forseeable future, this will remain an unmoderated forum. The only
real alternative is to close the list down (as happened once before).
But I don't think we're remotely near that necessity at the moment.

I hope we can agree that with a bit of good will, we can just continue to
politely ignore accidental private messages.

Could everyone be extra careful with the "send" button, and have a quick
glance at the "to:" field before sending?

Best wishes,

Dominik
--
INDOLOGY committee