AW: Request for help with manuscript

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Wed Oct 1 07:14:16 UTC 2008

The episode of
Mairaava.na-/Mahiiraava.na-caritra/-vadha or
Hanumadvijaya is indeed very popular (see
Koskikallio & Vielle, Epic and Puranic Texts
attributed to Jaimini, IT 27, 2001, pp. 78-81).
In relation to the concerned picture (7), there
are for example several vernacular North-Eastern
(Bengali, Oriya and Assamese) versions (see W. L.
Smith, Raamaaya.na traditions in Eastern Asia, p.
145-153, for the details of the episode).
So Hanuman is indeed the best candidate for picture 9 too.
With best wishes,

Christophe Vielle

--

http://belgianindology.lalibreblogs.be