Madhyamakavatara

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Wed Nov 12 18:43:40 UTC 2008

Am 12.11.2008 um 19:18 schrieb mkapstei at UCHICAGO.EDU:

> Can anyone supply the precise source of the first five chapters
> of the Madhyamakaavataara posted on the "digital
> Sanskrit Buddhist canon" site and, I assume, gretil?

As in other cases, the Digital Sanskrit Buddhist Canon seems to rely
on the CIHTS edition:
Candrakīrti:  _Madhyamakāvatāra of Ācarya Candrakı̄rti : root
text along with the autocommentary, chapters 1-5_ / by Candrakirti;
restored into Sanskrit, tr. into Hindi and crit. ed. Tibetan text by
Tashi Tsering. - Sarnath : Central Institute for Higher Tibetan
Studies, 2005. - xii, 522 p. - (Bibliotheca Indo-Tibetica series ; 58)
ISBN 81-8712735-X

All the best
Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Abteilung für Indologie