Mahabhasya now available in Intratext version

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 8 16:23:03 UTC 2008

Anyway, thanks to George and others for making available a monumental research tool.
  Please keep us posted on the updated version.
  Jan Houben

Kengo Harimoto <kengo.harimoto at UNI-HAMBURG.DE> wrote:
  On May 6, 2008, at 15:13 , George Cardona wrote:

> By the way, I think the base does not have the typo that shows up in
> your message: ayAhi instead of AyAhi. I can't check because at the
> moment I'm in Calcutta, writing from a cyber cafe. The Mahabhashya
> files are also available in GRETIL.

Speaking as one of those who converted the original files to text
files, I have realized that the GRETIL version, as well as its source
in Osaka, do have the problem of 'ā́' ('a' with macron and acute)
having become simply 'a'. I think we (or was it I?) introduced this
error when removing accents. The original did have the correct
reading (with accent). We will make an updated version ASAP.

--
Kengo Harimoto