Surgical instruments of the Hindus, by Mukhopadyaya

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sat Jul 12 22:52:45 UTC 2008

I am not aware of such a suggestion.   From memory, the book won a prize
from the Univ. of Calcutta in about 1913.  The drawings and illustrations
are an important element of the book, and they are partly original
drawings by GM himself, or else by an artist working for the publisher,
and partly reproductions from European histories of surgery and medicine.
But GM is straightforward about this: he doesn't claim that the
artwork is older than his book or anything like that.

I'd be interested to know more about the source of this suspicion, if it
comes to mind.

Best,
Dominik

--