HTML Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary (Version 0.3 - Release Candidate 1)

Deshpande, Madhav mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Tue Jul 8 12:03:56 UTC 2008

Hi Richard,

    Thanks for making available this version of the MW HTML.  As I downloaded and looked at it, I see that the main word entrees are in Harvard-Kyoto notation while the names of cited texts appear in full diacritics (utf8?).  Is that by design?  Best,

Madhav M. Deshpande

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology on behalf of Richard MAHONEY
Sent: Tue 7/8/2008 7:18 AM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: HTML Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary (Version 0.3 - Release Candidate 1)

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear Colleagues,

The first release candidate for the new HTML version of Monier-Williams
Sanskrit-English Dictionary is now available:

 Indica et Buddhica - Repositorium
 http://repositorium.indica-et-buddhica.org/

This represents a complete rewrite based on the most recent version of
the Cologne source file (`MONIER2008' -- download from here:
http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/download.html). All users of
previous versions are encouraged to upgrade.

The dictionary marked up in HTML (`XHTML 1.0 Strict') can be found in
the zip archive `mw_html_rc1.zip'. Installation instructions can be
found in the `README.TXT' file.

As usual, comments and corrections are most welcome. They should be
mailed to me or entered in this form, whatever is convenient:

 http://indica-et-buddhica.org/sections/about-ieb/contact-form

A final release will be made once I have had a chance to incorporate
suggestions.

Best regards,

 Richard Mahoney

P.S. I would like to express my deep gratitude to Dr Thomas Malten for
kindly permitting a new release of the HTML version based on the most
recent version of the Cologne source.

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699
OXFORD, NZ      | email: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org