yuupa-inscriptions

Antonio Ferreira-Jardim antonio.jardim at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 21 02:58:56 UTC 2008

Hi Arlo,

This really isn't my field but I have come up with the following
references which might be useful to you:

Dange, Sadashiv A. "The yUpa - its nature and evolution."  BhAratI.
Vol.16(1985-1987) pp.1-10

Sahoo, P. C. "On the yUpa in the BrAhmaNa texts." Bulletin of the
Deccan College Research Institute. Vol. 54/55(1994/1995) pp.175-183.

Upadhyaya, Vibha. "Yupa Inscription" in R.K. Sharma & Devendra Handa
(eds). Revealing India's Past: Recent Trends in Art and Archaeology
(Prof. Ajay Mitra Shastri Commemoration Volume - 2 vols.) Aryan Books
International [2005] pp.233-247 ISBN 81-7305-289-1

Also cf. http://orissagov.nic.in/e-magazine/Orissareview/may2006/engpdf/66-71.pdf
concerning recent yUpa inscriptions from Orissa with references.

Kind regards,

Antonio
UQ