yuupa-inscriptions

Mahadevan, Thennilapuram tmahadevan at HOWARD.EDU
Wed Feb 20 14:52:27 UTC 2008

Hi Arlo:

You may know these:

EI XXIII: #7: 42-52: A.S.Atlekar, Three Mukhari Inscriptions on Yupas,
kRta year 295. (Stone yuupas begin ca. 2nd CE, innovation over the
wooden ones, from Buddhist pillars: Garga-triraatra ritual, an amalgam
of agniSToma, ukhthya, and atiraatra.)

EI XXIV: #33: 245-251:  A.S.Atlekar, Allahabad Museum Yupa Inscription:
Sivadatta's saptasomasaMstha

EI XXIV: #34: 251-253: A.S.Atlekar, Fourth Yupa Inscription from Badva,
3rd CE: aaptoryaama ritual

EI  XXVII: #43: 252-267: A.S.Atlekar, Nandsa Yupa Inscriptions, kRta
year 282: a 61-day sattra (!) ekazaSTiraatra

I think I know the Chchabra article you cite, but can't locate it just
now to see if the above appear in it.

Of course, M. Beardeau's Posts.

Best, TP