Digital Kielhorn

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 19 18:02:37 UTC 2008

thanks!
  JH

Peter Wyzlic <pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE> wrote:
  Am 18.02.2008 um 22:24 schrieb Jan E.M. Houben:

> It would be helpful if someone could list sites in FSU countries
> (whether the main language of the site is Russian, Tchechen or any
> other language) with "quite a large number of Indological books",
> and/or sites of "rapidshare e-book trading communities" relevant to
> Indologists.

There is a Russian ebook search engine called EBDB. The English
language interface is available under
Besides some general sites (like archive.org in the US or Project
Gutenberg) EBDB also lists some that require a user/password
verification. An unspecified search for "sanskrit" gives 79 results
(looking for Sanskrit in Cyrillic characters "санскрит" I get
44 hits). When I look more specifically for "Minaev" (in Cyrillic:
минаев) EBDB lists many unrelated names and publications but
also two hits of one book of the Russian Indologist Ivan P. Minaev
(the edition of the Patimokkha published in 1869). One hit requires
registration, the other one uses a bit too complicated download
procedure. (Minaev died in 1890 and all of his works are now free of
copyright in most countries.)

You find some lists of digitized indologica from time to time in this
Google forum:
"Общество ревнителей санскрита (Sanscrit)"
Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--
Peter Wyzlic