Digital Kielhorn

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Fri Feb 15 11:45:30 UTC 2008

Thank you very much, dear Peter Wyzlic, for this very useful list you made.

Some additional notes:

- for Wilson's Mackenzie Collection it is in fact
possible to choose between the two editions and
various exemplars, cf.
http://books.google.com/books?q=editions:0ZJfTAXwj3ok5Ad8&id=7HUIAAAAQAAJ&hl=de&source=gbs_other_versions_sidebar_s&cad=4
It could be interested to note these details

- if we take the example of NALA AND DAMAYANTI
AND OTHER POEMS  translated by Henry Hart Milman
(which is not in the list):
http://books.google.com/books?id=vPY0ekwvgzUC
in this case, it has also been converted into an
e-text through the Project Gutenberg :
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/19529
http://infomotions.com/etexts/gutenberg/dirs/1/9/5/2/19529/19529.htm
and is also available in various formats through :
http://manybooks.net/titles/milmanh1952919529-8.html
Should these things be mentioned ?

- what about such available .pdf  (which is not
really a scanned book, but a kind of second
edition in electronic form of a previously
printed book) - do you list them?.
Ananda Wood, Knowledge before printing and after:
The Indian Tradition in Changing Kerala
www.scholarswithoutborders.in/KnowledgeBeforePrinting&After.pdf

- Of course, there is also the case of the pure
(free) .pdf periodicals such as the NGMCP
Newsletter

- do you list also the digital works readable but
not downloadable that can be found in various
electronic library catalogues, such as
the partial digital copy (vol. 1-6 + 12) of
Hortus Malabaricus made by the the University
Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg  available at
http://num-scd-ulp.u-strasbg.fr:8080/view/authors/Van_Reede_Tot_Drakestein,_Hendrik_Adriaan.html

with best wishes,
Christophe