Yoga Consultation CFP

Stuart Ray Sarbacker s-sarbacker at NORTHWESTERN.EDU
Tue Feb 5 16:13:15 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

Below I have copied the 2008 Call for Papers for the American Academy
of Religion's "Yoga in Theory and Practice Consultation." The AAR
meeting will be held November 1-3, 2008, in Chicago, Illinois. We
were greatly pleased by the range and quality of the proposals
received last year, and strongly encourage those considering
submitting a proposal this year on a topic related to yoga to do so
to our consultation. The Call for Papers includes topics especially
of interest to the consultation, though submissions on other topics
will be considered.

Please note that the AAR deadline for submission of proposals is
Monday, February 25th this year.

CALL FOR PAPERS: YOGA IN THEORY AND PRACTICE CONSULTATION

The Yoga in Theory and Practice Consultation seeks paper and session
proposals on the topic of yoga in theory and practice from a variety
of perspectives, including sociology, anthropology, history of
religions, philosophy, theology, and cultural studies. Submissions
should be made through OP3. Suggested topics for 2008 include: 1)
Translating Yoga Texts; 2) Women and Yoga; 3) Yogic Powers (with the
Mysticism Group); 4) Living Yoga Masters; 5) Yoga and Tantra (with
the Tantric Studies Group); 6) Sri Aurobindo on Yoga; and 7) Siddha
Yoga. Submissions should be made through the OP3 system, which can be
found at the following link: http://www.aarweb.org/Meetings/
Annual_Meeting/Current_Meeting/OP3/menumain.asp.

Please feel free to contact me or my colleague Chris Chapple
(cchapple at lmu.edu) if you have any questions.

Best WIshes,
Stuart

Stuart Ray Sarbacker