questions on bodhisattva vow

dorji.wangchuk at UNI-HAMBURG.DE dorji.wangchuk at UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Thu Dec 18 09:11:06 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Those of you who are interested in the concept of the king-like, boatman-like,
and herdsman-like bodhisattva or bodhicittotpaada, may consult my doctoral
dissertation published under the title: *The Resolve to Become a Buddha: A Study
of the Bodhicitta Concept in Indo-Tibetan Buddhism. Studia Philologica Buddhica,
Monograph Series 23. Tokyo: The International Institute for Buddhist Studies,
2007.*

See particularly, pp. 267-271, where I discuss Tibetan sources including that of
Klong-chen-pa and Tsong-kha-pa and also attempt to trace Indian sources of the
concept.

Best wishes,

Dorji Wangchuk

_____________________________

Dr. Dorji Wangchuk

Wissenschaftlicher Angestellter (Tibetology & Indo-Tibetan Buddhism)
Department of Indian and Tibetan Studies,
Asia-Africa Institute,
University of Hamburg,
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1 (Hauptgebäude)
20146 Hamburg, Germany