Buddhist universities

DiSimone Charles spootland at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 5 07:51:05 UTC 2008

Dear Al,

I am sure there are many sources for this query but _Buddhist Monks and Monasteries of India: Their History and Their Contribution to Indian Culture_ by Sukumar Dutt springs immediately to my mind.  It might be helpful to your friend.  It is a little old but very informative.

Hope this is helpful,
Charles DiSimone > Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:34:54 -0900> From: acollins at GCI.NET> Subject: Buddhist universities> To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk> > A friend who studies Christian monasticism asked me for a reference to a general book, monograph, or article on the Buddhist universities (Nalanda, etc.) in classical India. Does anybody know of such.> > Thanks,> > Al Collins