Compatible Font for Macs and PCs...

Alex Passi alexpassi at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 1 11:42:04 UTC 2008

One more item: if you are using an extended US-Keyboard on Mac OS X-5
and a Unicode font such as Palatino (comes with the system), there are
built-in combination keys for Skt. diacritics (for both capital and
lowecase letters)

OPT-w + letter = overdot
OPT-x  + letter = underdot
OPT-e  + letter = accented letter (as in Śiva)
OPT-a  + vowel = long vowel
OPT-a + r long vowel r.
OPT-n + n of course yields palatal n.
I'm not sure about anunasika. You can probably compose it with the non-
spacing character ̆  .

Alex Passi

On 30/11/2008, at 5:08 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 13:49 +0530, Mary Storm wrote:

> Yes, I tried Gandhari Unicode and it won't work. I think the problem
> is OS X, but that has now been out on the market for a while. . . so
> somebody has surely tackled this problem for Macs

I was unable to get Gandhari Unicode to work in OpenOffice on a Linux
platform. Fortunately, plenty of other Unicode fonts work quite well.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy