Spoken Sanskrit (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Aug 20 19:35:11 UTC 2008

The INDOLOGY committee recently received a communication from Naresh
Cuntoor <nareshpc at gmail.com> in response to the Spoken Sanskrit topic.
He made several points about the value of Spoken Sanskrit and included
useful links to web resources.  With his kind permission we reproduce them
here:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:59:26 -0400
From: Naresh Cuntoor <nareshpc at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Spoken Sanskrit

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Naresh Cuntoor wrote:

   Dear committee members,

[...]

As a student of Sanskrit who has participated in Samskrita Bharati (SB)
activities, I would like to highlight a couple of activities that may be
of interest to the list members.

[...]

Under the SB banner, we started a inter-university network of Sanskrit
enthusiasts. The participants are mostly graduate students, recent graduate
students and faculty members. Out of these efforts, we meet to practice,
read, learn, write and appreciate the language. Please visit
http://www.speaksanskrit.org/campus/index.shtml for an overview of recent
efforts.

-- In particular, I invite you to peruse the periodic newsletters called
vishvavaaNi. The pdfs are available here:
http://www.speaksanskrit.org/vishvavani/index.shtml

-- Another effort that began recently is a wiki-style series of posts:
www.speaksanskrit.org/wiki

Clearly, I do not mean to say that any of us is a Kalidasa or a Bana. Just
that, we are students who are learning something for which we share a
passion.

[...]
Regards,

--