svArtha derivation and subtypes of taddhita pratyaya affixes

Ulrich T. Kragh utkragh at HUM.KU.DK
Sun Aug 10 15:32:38 UTC 2008

Thank you very much to Dipak Bhattacharya and Matthew Kapstein for their replies to my continued inquiry. I believe that Professor Kapstein's suggestion "tatsama" works well in the passage, provided of course that it can be understood in a more literal meaning that is different from its later technical use of denoting Sanskrit loanwords in New Indo-Aryan languages, as also noted by Kapstein. I think that would be an acceptable supposition for its occurrence in two 6th-7th century texts. Thank you very much for the kind help.

Sincerely,
Tim

Dr. Ulrich Timme Kragh
Assistant Professor
Geumgang Center for Buddhist Studies
Geumgang University, Dae-myeong Ri, Sang-wol Myeon
Nonsan-si, Chungnam 320-931, Republic of Korea
Tel. +82-41-731 3618