FW: The effects of different Sanskrit poetic meters

Jenni Cover jenni.cover at URSYS.COM.AU
Mon Apr 21 08:16:27 UTC 2008

Thank you so much to everyone who offered suggestions - much appreciated. I will be keeping inter-library loans busy.

Warm wishes,
Jenni

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Martin Straube
Sent: Sunday, 20 April 2008 1:20 AM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: Re: FW: The effects of different Sanskrit poetic meters

Dear Jennifer,

you may probably get the book via interlibrary loan. The details are:

Suuryakaanta: K.semendra Studies. Together with an English Translation
of his Kavika.n.thaabhara.na, Aucityavicaaracarcaa and Suv.rttatilaka.
Poona 1954 (Poona Oriental Series, No. 91)

There are several other editions and translations of Ksemendras
Suvrttatilaka, e.g.:

Dipak Kumar Sharma: Suvṛttatilaka of Kṣemendra. Text with Sanskrit
commentary and English translation. Delhi : New Bharatiya Book Corp,
2007.

Rabindra Kumar Panda: Suvṛttatilaka of Kṣemendra. With an
introduction, study and charts. Delhi: Paramamitra Prakashan, 1998.

I have seen none of this personally, however the last one seems to
contain Suryakantas English translation.

You may also try to get scans via google books.
If you have problems to purchase Suryakantas book, write me off the
list and I will send you a copy.

Martin Straube.

Zitat von Olivia Cattedra <olivia2002 at CIUDAD.COM.AR>:

> DEar Martin and all, is there some chance to contact a copy of this
> ancient treatise in english? thank you very much........
>
> Olivia Cattedra
> CONICET -  Argentina
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Straube"
> <straube at STAFF.UNI-MARBURG.DE>