Use of Devanagari for Sanskrit

Benjamin Fleming fleming_b4 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 4 21:08:13 UTC 2007

Dear George Heart

I cannot speak broadly to the phenomenon, but I can note the patterns that
we find in MSS of the Shiva Purana in particular. The older MSS I examined
at the University of Madras were all Sanskrit-Telugu (ca. 17-19th c.),
whereas the Devanagari MSS at the Adyar library were typically much newer.

Hope that helps,

Best Wishes,

Benjamin Fleming