Taaraa's curse

Tony K. Stewart tony_stewart at NCSU.EDU
Thu Oct 11 15:01:45 UTC 2007

It certainly appears in Krttibasa's Bengali Ramayana.

I will send you a translation of the passage (which appears in
partial translation in " Tony K. Stewart and Edward C. Dimock, Jr.,
“Kṛttibāsa’s Apophatic Critique of Rāma’s Kingship” in
Questioning Rāmāyaṇas, edited by Paula Richman (New Delhi:  Oxford
University Press, 2000, 243-64; Simultaneous release:  Berkeley, CA:
University of California Press, 2001)--but I don't have the precise
page numbers in front of me.

cheers,
tony

Tony K Stewart
Professor of South Asian Religions & Literatures
North Carolina State University