Dinesh Chandra Bhattacharya/Bhattacharyya

Richard MAHONEY r.mahoney at ICONZ.CO.NZ
Sun Oct 7 23:00:27 UTC 2007

Dear Dominik,

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 00:20, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
> The author Dinesh Chandra Bhattacharyya wrote a number of articles on the
> cultural history of Bengal in the IHQ and similar journals in the 1940s,
> including "New Light on Vaidyaka Literature", "Dates of early historical
> records of Bengal," "Newly discovered copper-plate from Tipperah," "Pala
> chronology?a reply to Prof. Banerjee," "Mandana, Suresvara and Bhavabhuti
> : the problem of their identity," "Sanskrit scholars of Akbar?s time,"
> "Vasudeva Sarvabhauma," etc.
>
> The author Dinesh Chandra Bhattacharya  wrote the book "History of Navya
> Nyaya in Mithila" and journal articles on nyaya, Bengal, etc., at the same
> period.
>
> Can anyone confirm or refute whether these are two spellings of the name
> of one person?
>
> I've checked the LC name authority list, and it doesn't deal with the -yy-
> name. SARDS and other sources don't seem to engage with the issue.

Details available through Indica et Buddhica Catalogus

 http://catalogus.indica-et-buddhica.org

indicate that the LC has - at least once - standardised the surname:

Partial Title Statement: Dīneśacandra Bhaṭṭācāryya Śāstrī

becomes:

Added entry--personal name: Bhattacharya, Dinesh Chandra

For details v.:

 http://tinyurl.com/2qppwj

(Follow the `View' links for various aspects. Hit the `Search' button
for the other results.)

Kind regards,

 Richard

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): +64 3 312 1699
OXFORD, NZ      | email: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org
Indica et Buddhica: Materials for Indology and Buddhology
Scholia: http://scholia.indica-et-buddhica.org/
Catalogus: http://catalogus.indica-et-buddhica.org/