asva sastra

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Nov 28 13:45:13 UTC 2007

Dear Prof. Pandurangi,

There is important information on asvasastra in the book "A History of
Indian Medical Literature" by G. J. Meulenbeld (1999-2002).

Unfortunately, this 5-volume publication is rather expensive, and there
are not many copies in India.  I know there's a copy in the library of
the French Institute, Pondichery.  Perhaps there's a copy at the IGNCA
in Delhi?  In Jaipur, I don't know.

If you write to the Wellcome Library (library at wellcome.ac.uk) they may be
able to supply you with photocopies of the relevant pages, which are:

   volume IIA, pages 557-579
   volume IIB, pages 570-615

There will be some cost, and the library will have to discuss copyright
with you, but I think a small part of the publication like this will be
okay.

Sincerely,

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk