Finding Indological full-book PDFs on Google Books

Jonathan Silk silk at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jun 18 16:12:09 UTC 2007

In re:

>  you could just download only the pages that are corrupted in the
>Google version and replace them with the DLI Hyderbad images (I
>think you would need the "Full" version of Acrobat to do this, not
>just the reader).

Leaving aside the question of the utility of time spent replacing pdf
pages, one does not need the full Acrobat to do this. There is a
nifty little program (sorry this time! Mac only :-) ) called "Combine
PDFs" which allows one to, as the web site says, "Drop some PDF or
picture files on the application or the main window. Reorder or
remove pages as you want. Enter some meta information like the Title
and save the new PDF."

http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Freeware/CombinePDFs.shtml

It's nice and easy to use!  JAS
--
Jonathan Silk
Department of Asian Languages & Cultures

 From July 15, 2007:

Prof. Dr. Jonathan Silk
Instituut Kern / Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515