Online CPD

Mark Allon mark.allon at ARTS.USYD.EDU.AU
Tue Jun 12 11:43:10 UTC 2007

Christian K. Wedemeyer wrote:

> So, my understanding is that no more paper fascicles of the CPD will
> be produced, but all future additions and emendations will be via
> computer website. (Not sure why the last fascicle was destroyed. [Ken?])
>
> I, personally, as someone who tends to privilege the long-term
> advantages of hard-copy text publishing over the immediate convenience
> of web-only publishing, am dismayed by this.
>

> I, for one, think that this project should be supported, and should
> endeavor to continue the release of print fascicles, in addition to
> its excellent and beneficial online presence. Perhaps there might be
> some chance of seeking financial support for this project outside of
> the benighted land of Denmark: from some place where scholarship may
> be valued beyond its immediate economic payoff? (But does such a place
> even exist today?!)

Christian,

In his original posting on the Palistudy list, Ole Pind commented that
it would take 300 to 400 years to complete the CPD "like in the old
days." This could be greatly reduced through concentrating recourses on
the digital format.

Regards

Mark Allon
University of Sydney, Australia