Online CPD

Jonathan Silk silk at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Sun Jun 10 17:54:03 UTC 2007

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Andrew Glass just brought to my attention a link that will no doubt
be of great interest to many of us:

http://hfg.myx.dk/pali5/

This contains the Critical Pali Dictionary. So far I have had very
little time to play around, but it appears that one must separate
compounds with a hyphen, and unfortunately searching a head-word will
not allow one to see its compounds (unless I am using it wrongly,
which it is quite possible). It is not clear from the website who has
set this up, although presumably it is the folks in Copenhagen (as
the dk in the address suggests). Nor is it clear how one might
contribute to the site, which would also be a boon, since many of us
have little pencilled notes in our own copies which it would be
lovely to be able to share.

With thanks to Andrew, who apparently passed on this piece of
intelligence from Mark Allon.

JAS
--
Jonathan Silk
Department of Asian Languages & Cultures

 From July 15, 2007:

Prof. Dr. Jonathan Silk
Instituut Kern / Universiteit Leiden
Postbus 9515