Archiving the old INDOLOGY website

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Jan 29 13:09:10 UTC 2007

In a message to this list on 2 Dec 2005 (http://tinyurl.com/2ll5q5), I
announced that the INDOLOGY website would be moving away from the old UCL
address (my own personal, college-provided web directory), to the
new address

   http://indology.info

I put a redirecting page at the old address.  The old site at UCL hasn't
been updated for a year, and the new site is a live concern, thanks to the
excellent work of Richard Mahoney, and the ongoing financial support of
the UK's Society for South Asian Studies (click logo on the website,
bottom right).

Today, I am taking the next logical step, which is to take the old website
offline.

I'll leave the forwarding page there, but it will only work for links to
the main "front" page of the old website, not for any direct links to
subsidiary pages "inside" the website.

If you want to have a nice moment of nostalgia, you can always look at the
old website in the WayBack Machine, where the whole web is archived: put
the old URL "http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html" into the WayBack
Machine at "http://www.archive.org".

Best,
Dominik