River

John C. Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jan 12 18:12:36 UTC 2007

This is the Phalgu that runs north to south between the Bodhgaya and
Sugata's place to the east.

I have published quite a bit on this in my

  "Sowing the Seeds of the Lotus: A Journey to the Great Pilgrimage
Sites of Buddhism," part I [Lumbini and Bodhgaya], in Orientations,
vol. 16, no. 11 (Nov. 1985), pp. 46-61.

Some of the year it is quite fordable during the rainy season, it can
be a bit more difficult.

Cheers

John